Monday, February 27, 2012

A&W Confession of a Homeschooler

  I thought I better make it to the Blogger confession room and get this off my chest! First of all I can explain! I better tell this story from the beginning! (nervously paces back and forth)
 It began like this... I wake up this morning and started the usual routine. The youngest two were up early again, fed the baby, said a (quick) be with me Lord prayer. Made a heartfelt breakfast (cold cereal). Started everyone on their school work, did some cleaning up where and when I had a chance,  gave everyone lunch , finished school then off to swimming lessons I went with Anthony and Emily. All pretty normal thus far other than the fact that I let my oldest babysit his two little sisters today!
 Well, this is where it all begins. I get kids to the pool and then decide to leave today while they swim. (Needed to pick up a few things in town.)
 I'm driving along and that's when it happened!  I .... Nancy.... went to.... A&W... ALL by myself AND ordered a BIG Teen Burger... and I sat there... QUIETLY and ate! A few times I looked to the back seats, thinking I heard someone say "mom" but it wasn't so!  Uh Huh!! It really happened! If I had had my camera, I would have taken a picture to prove it but sorry I didn't.
 Anyway, now you all know how I really did things today!
LOL.... Ok I will make my real point now.  Life is busy... we need to meet a lot of needs daily,  so why not have an A&W kind of moment once in our lives !  :)
 When you start to feel really run-down, we need to look to God for strength and His word is able to refuel us over and over but maybe sometimes it's ok to take a time out like I did if at all possible!
(some humour intended)

2 comments:

  1. LOL, I love this!! I may just do this, very soon.....and oh yes, don't forget to breath.....

    ReplyDelete