Monday, July 23, 2012

Summer Days

We have spent a lot of time outdoors this summer. The kids enjoyed making a garden. I think they just like playing in the dirt and what better way!

 Even let Lily get into it for a bit. She is still a very happy baby, now 10 months old.


This garden has been a lot of work! I would say an abnormal amount of weeds have lived here....

                                                      Sometimes you just need a break!

Finally the hard work pays off and you hopefully reap what you sow. We have been getting things like radishes, cucumbers, green beans, zuchinni and potatoes so far. Corn, tomatoes, peppers and watermelon should be ready soon.


 We spent a few days camping with friends at Lakewood Christian Camp . We had a good time together! I could probably write a whole post on camping thoughts! I really am not sure if camping was made for me but I would be willing to do it again now that I have recovered. :)  REALLY though, great memories were made and I learned from it. Next time I will just keep my plans simpler!

One memory I will never forget is when Art and Anthony tipped the canoe. Art looks pretty happy in his wet and yucky clothes!

ANd doing things with my friend Tina is always good! Here we are with our babies who were due 4 days apart but were born 3 weeks apart.

 Also got a surprise visit from our friends who live in Manitoba. Ended up going to African Lion Safari with them.

It's been a good summer. Jamie had a job in asparagus and now the boys and I are picking cucumbers as well.  I think work is very good for all of us!




No comments:

Post a Comment